Thursday 17 March 2016

Where to start, what a wonderful 'pre birthday treat'! The hotel was great and we had a lovely evening meal. I had taken my swimming costume but forgot my goggles, which is a serious problem for me as I cannot swim with my head out of the water! Darren was going to the gym, so walked down with him and they had goggles to buy at a very reasonable price. I was the only one in the pool, and it was a fair size, the length was a bit more than a width of a normal pool I think. I swam for twenty minutes or so, haven't been in a while and I really enjoyed it, went in the hot tub for a short while afterwards. This morning we had a very good breakfast at the hotel before packing up and getting ready to leave for the auction. The inside of the hotel was really lovely so I wanted to get a couple of pictures. There was a gallery around the outside and you could look down.  Had to get a picture of  Darren in, (sorry Darren), you are quite shaded!
Then the rather spectacular view.
We made our way to Hansons and I registered to get a bidding number. I could see Charles and the lady at reception said it was fine to go and talk to him. So I did! When I told him it was a special treat and we had come from Scarborough he went and found a picture of himself and signed it on the back, then Darren took a photo of us.
Well, that was me on cloud nine for the rest of the day! A young lady called Izzy started the auction, but Charles took over and was on the rostrum for about two hours. The Bargain Hunt items were dotted amongst the other lots and there was a lot of laughter and fun. I did bid and buy when he was  taking the auction. He was a much fun to watch as he is on the television and is such a lovely man.
That was him in full swing! I did buy a few items, will take pics for tomorrow, the sale started at 10 am and we left at about 3.50 pm. A good journey home, I spotted this very odd cloud but couldn't get a very good shot at it, but this gives the idea.

4 comments:

  1. Well what a brilliant time you had, I'm so pleased. Great hotel, swimming, and then meeting Charles too, perfect. Bet that picture will be printed, framed, and on the wall before I'm up there next :-) He's a lot taller than he looks on the telly too, which probably sounds daft, but he does :-) I look forward to seeing the items you won too. You even managed to sneak a pic of Darren on tonight, even though he's in the shadows :-)
    That cloud looks like a mushroom cloud from a nuclear explosion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was what I thought as soon as I saw the cloud, just getting a good picture from the motorway was a bit of a challenge! It was a great trip altogether, I hoped I would meet Charles but was prepared to accept that I might not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent birthday gift. So difficult to know or find something special or different on a special Birthday. Well Do e to them. Great to know you had a fabulous day.
    Your purchases sound interesting and wonderful the old lady got her broach back. Others may not have been so kind. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really was a lovely gift, feel very lucky and spoilt. x

    ReplyDelete