Wednesday 2 October 2024

Walking and clay

Went to the post box early as Tina had an important letter to go. I walked up to Freeport and as I arrived at the pottery studio realised I hadn’t got my phone in my pocket. So no photos, or being able to change program on the hearing aids!
There were three things I had worked on last week so Caroline took a photo for me. There was my frog, Caroline’s highland cow and the piece I coloured using the underglaze pencils.
Caroline had things to do on the computer so I made several clay items for a workshop. As a thank you the koi carp that I like is put by for me to paint!
I walked back as well today and called in to see Sher at the shop. She had bought me a lovely little sketch notebook to take out and about and some tasty chocolates. She was more than happy with how things went at the shop while I was manning it.
I took a picture of my frog when I got home.
Quite cute!
Before going to see Sarah and David I finished off one of the smaller stuffed Christmas trees.
About to watch Ludwig now






2 comments:

  1. Fancy forgetting your phone. Hope not being able to change settings on the hearing aids didn't cause a problem? I really like all the pottery pieces. The frog with the little bee is so cute. I didn't realise i had one on it's back too. The cow came out really well. I'm amazed all those wispy bits didn't break off in the kiln. The experimental plaque is very subtle. You'd never get that effect with a brush! I'm looking forward to seeing the koi carp.
    It was nice of Sher to get you those bits. I think you'll be on standby for other holiday reliefs now 🙂
    The trees are lovely. A very unusual decoration. You're quite a clever old stick really 🙂
    Enjoy your programs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pleased with the pottery pieces. I would like to do something like a plant of a plaque with the underglaze pencils, it would be subtle which is difficult with the paints.
    Sher seemed genuinely pleased I covered some days in the shop and said she was able to relax while she was away.
    I will finish the other smaller tree but not sure if I will make any more!
    Had the hearing aids in for over twelve hours today, time to take them out!

    ReplyDelete