Thursday 10 October 2024

Disappearing Mappleton

I managed to get an appointment to see Dr Khan, it was his first day on duty this week. I walked to the surgery and waiting as he was running late again. I was in for a short time though, he made a prescription for more tablets and said he will put them on repeat for me. It had been quite pleasant when I left home but as I walked up to the se when I left the surgery the wind was getting up and it was cold. 
I did start a ketch but the rain came so didn’t quite finish, but it is still recognisable.
I met Sher for a coffee this afternoon and we had a chat. She was very happy that I am using the sketch book. She couldn’t stay long and Tina came in as she was leaving. So I had another drink with Tina and then we went off for a drive.new stopped at Mappleton. The first photo was taken from where the toilets had been, they were demolished just in time. We suspect the coastal erosion has taken several metres i these enters we have been here.
We had a nice drive down some very remote country lanes which was enjoyable.
I have been to visit Sarah and David this evening and nothing else planned now.













2 comments:

  1. A bucket of pills is never a bad thing to have on hand. Hopefully they’ll do a bit of good for you.
    Does look a bit rough on the front, but still nice 🙂 The sketch is very recognisable. Even I recognise it and I don’t live there 😊
    It has eroded very quickly at Mappleton. It’s sad the coastline is disappearing backwards like that. When both side meet at the A1 we’ll be in serious trouble!
    Sounds like a pleasant day. Now if only you can have a good nights sleep to go along with it…..🤞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, was a nice day, the night was so so.
    The fencing at Mappleton will soon have to be moved back, the cliff edge is less than two metres away at some points.

    ReplyDelete