Sunday 13 October 2024

New hedgehog house

We went to the boot sale, definitely less stalls and the two regular food huts closed. A few weeks ago there had been a man who had hedgehog houses for sale. I decided I was going to get one because the one we have is letting water in now, and he hasn’t been there for a while.I didn’t know his prices and was pleasantly surprised when he said £10. When Darren was carrying it to the car for me he slipped on some mud and ended up on the ground. He was very muddy, well, his coat and trousers were, and he did hurt his hand. I nipped off to buy a cheap t shirt to wipe off some of the mud and for him to sit on while driving home!
We were having dinner at lunch time today as Tina had afternoon and evening services. I rarely make pastry these days and foolishly said I would make a pie! It turned out okay though.
I had ordered some coloured fine liner pens which arrived yesterday. Sal and Carol were coming to cut Darren’s and my hair this afternoon so I did a sketch while I waited for them to arrive.
I went out into the garden and cleared an area for the hedgehog house and laid some weed suppressant and then some pavers.
Then put it in place.I thought I had some hay but obviously got rid of it, so putting anything inside will have to wait.
Nothing else of interest. Off to Beverley tomorrow.












2 comments:

  1. I think the hedgehog house is really good, and definitely a bargain for a tenner. He could charge more than that. I’m sure you’ll soon have some move in, specially when you get some nice cozy hay for them to bed into. Poor Darren. Luckily he didn’t hurt himself too badly.
    Looks like you cooked him some nice food, so that should help make up for it. The pie looks really nice. I’ve not made anything like that for a very long time. Really must make an effort.
    The coloured sketch is good. Still the fine lines that I like, but with added colour. You’re really getting into the sketching challenge. I’ll be very surprised if you gave up on it now. When that book is full you can get another one 🙂
    Hope it stays dry for you tomorrow/today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the hedgehog house was a great price, I was expecting it to be twenty or more pounds.
    The fine liner pens I got have more muted colours than some I have seen, thought a touch of colour now and again would be good.
    Looks damp out but not raining at the moment so fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete