Saturday 5 October 2024

Double jabs!

This morning I mowed the lawns in the front garden and noticed that the brambles had run amok under the fir tree by the smaller lawn. So started pulling and cutting them out, some stems about an inch thick!  I had quite a pile to cut down into manageable lengths to go in the garden bin!
After lnchI set off to the surgery as I had a flu jab booked. When I got there they said I could have the Covid one as well, so one I each arm. I had booked the Covid one for Monday but have managed to cancel the appointment. I walk up to the sea front before heading home. Walking wasn’t great today as I am now getting a pain in my groin!
I did a couple of ten minute sketches while I was out.
Felt pretty tired when I got home so did a puzzle for a bit. Settling down for Strictly now.










2 comments:

  1. I hate brambles. They so easily tear you to pieces when you’re cutting them out. Hope you made without too many lacerations?
    At least you’re all jabbed up now. Fingers crossed not colds or viruses over winter 🤞Must check mine.
    The front looks nice as usual. Shame you can’t make the most of it and be able to walk normally ☹️
    Good sketches. I particularly like the bandstand.
    First time for a long while that I’ve watch a full Strictly show. Enjoyed it, particularly Chris. He’s great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was bleeding in a few places, but note too deep!
    Yes,njabs done, both arms a bit sore but not too bad.
    Made a good start with the sketching, not sure how long it will last!

    ReplyDelete