Monday 14 October 2024

Good trip to Beverley

This morning I went out early to go to the banking hub, buy some straw and hedgehog food and collect my prescription. Then got ready to catch the but to Beverley. The hearing aid check up went well, all good and she is happy, have an appointment now for a service of the next year, so wished them Happy Christmas! The I went to SpecSavers as I haven’t been able to wear the near glasses because they were reacting on my skin. Saw a lady who altered the position of the nose grips and fingers crossed I think they may be okay now. Then I did some shopping, a birthday present and my charity Christmas cards. Had a bit of lunch and did do a sketch in St Mary’s remembrance garden.
I had a coffee before catching the bus home and was taking a photo of the roofs against the sky and got the waitress as well!
I bought a nice rainbow doormat and put it down when I got home.
The one with the cats on is quite thin so it needs another one on the edge to keep it in place!
I am going to try going to Hornsea WI this evening so will mention how it goes tomorrow.






2 comments:

  1. Lots of jobs out the way then. Glad all is well with the hearing aids. Is the service a free one? I really hope the adjustment of the glasses does the trick. It's a real shame if you paid out all that money and couldn't use them!
    I like the sketch with just the little bit of colour. Very effective. You're ploughing through that book.
    I see the waitress in your pic is another one who has the corner of the mouth tongue 😋
    I looked at that last pic several times, but it's taken me until just now to realise it's personalised with their names.
    Enjoy the WI meeting. Will you have to sing Jerusalem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if they still sing Jerusalem, but I imagine they do. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, may be some people there I recognise.
    It was a good day and good weather, so very lucky.

    ReplyDelete