Wednesday 9 October 2024

No carping please!

Although it was forecast to rain most of the day, and it had rained in the night, it was dry when I was ready to go to the pottery studio so I walked as usual. Caroline wasn’t coming in until lunchtime so I painted the koi carp. It is a bit piece but I kept the painting simple.
Caroline came in a bit after lunch and I helped her unpack some Halloween supplies. I had to be the first to be photographed in the cardboard photo opportunity!
I did paint a few squares on a Halloween bingo board before Caroline gave me a lift home. I also went out and did a sketch before she came to the studio! So far so good with keeping to using the book.
One of the flower displays at Freeport was attractive.
Will finish with a photo memory from five years ago.















2 comments:

  1. I love the carp. The colours are lovely and that’s all it needs. That’s definitely one I want to see after firing.
    Trust you to have to “model” for the photo cutout 😂
    I recognise the giant spider in your drawing. I think now you’ve set your mind to it, you’ll manage the sketch a day until the end.
    I remember the sunflower pic. It made me smile then and it has again 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I could have added more detail to the carp but decided it wasn’t necessary, sometimes less is enough.
    That cut out is for a children’s Halloween party so it will need steps behind it!
    Liking doing the sketches so far.

    ReplyDelete