Thursday 17 October 2024

Slow morning, great late afternoon

I was in for the morning as Tina had appointments and she was expecting a signed for delivery. I made some of my healthy slices first thing and of course the Ringtons man was early today and caught me with mucky hands! I emptied and cleaned the litter trays and then sat and did a couple of crosswords. I went outside and sat on our about to collapse bench, which is rotting, and did a sketch of the garden.
I cleared off the dresser and some surfaces and did some polishing, must have been bored! The parcel still hadn’t arrived when Tina got home, I was just going out to get us some lunch when the man was walking down the drive. So we went and had lunch at the local garden centre and then went round there impressive Christmas display. I took photos on the way round, but as we neared then end I was very disappointed and quite disgusted that there wasn’t one nativity. I am not religious but I was quite put out, much to Tina’s surprise.
When we got home Tina came out with me whenI took food and water round to the hedgehog house. The food was gone and the hay was flattened again. I came indoors to get a little more hay and when I went back a little hedgehog was eating and then made its way onto the house. That made my day.
That new hedgehog house has proved to be the best of bargains!
















1 comment:

  1. A slow morning, but it definitely picked up.
    I really like the sketch. That book will be so nice to look through when you’ve filled it up. Keep going 🙂
    Glad you got out after a morning stuck in. The Christmas displays do look nice in the garden centre, but maybe it a “woke” thing that stops them having a nativity. Maybe they’re frightened of upsetting other religious groups. But it’s Britain, so let them get upset! 🎄🎄🙂
    I think it’s great that a hedgehog has moved into the new house. You’ll be able to tell the man at the car boot sale this weekend, if he’s there.

    ReplyDelete