Tuesday 8 October 2024

Walk to the sea front again

The weather wasn’t so good today, there had been rain in the night and showers forecast for the day. I went out when it wasn’t raining and took a carrier bag to sit on if I got around to sketching. I walked along to the far beach again, quite a grey day this morning.
I sat and did. Sketch, nd then took a picture in the opposite direction!
I made my way home, but the pain in my groin was painful today, I have started some exercises so fingers crossed they help.
Just done a few chores and got dinner this afternoon, and sat with my new puzzle book. When I went out to put something into bin I spotted one of the bonsai trees looking very autumnal.
I transferred a small peace lily into water a month go, and so far it is flourishing.
Pottery day tomorrow.













2 comments:

  1. It does look extremely wintery down at the front, but still nice in its own right. I don’t think you ever get two days the same when you live by the sea. At least life doesn’t get boring. I think your sketch looks great too. That’ll be a really nice book when you’ve finished filling it up.
    You do very well with those bonsai and with cuttings. You’ve nurtured those bonsai for years now and it’s definitely been worth it. Is the peace lily going to live like that now, or are you intended to plant it back into soil eventually?
    I hope the exercises do help reduce the pain for you. Take it easy if you’re intending to walk to the pottery tomorrow. I look forward to seeing your creations tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peace lily will stay there now, Sher has several plants in water at the shop now, and all doing well, who’d have thought it?
    Will walk up if it isn’t raining, but the forecast says rain all day, haven’t looked yet!
    May do some painting at the pottery, Caroline won’t be in until after lunch.

    ReplyDelete