Thursday 3 October 2024

New glasses

Tina left quite early for a meeting and I was going to catch the bus to Beverley a bit later and meet her there. The Ringtons man usually comes around ten but today he was later and I had to leave for the bus at ten thirty. He spotted me at the bus stop and said he would call back later. I took my new little sketch book with me, started to do a sketch on the bus but didn’t beget very far as it was a bit of a bone shaker!
Tina was in Beverley before me so I met her at a cafe near the bus station, then we took a leisurely walk to Specsavers. It was busy in there so Tina went off to look in Lakeland. My new glasses are nice but irritating my skin at the moment. I am hoping it is Judy because they sit slightly differently and it will settle.
We went to Cherry Lane garden centre on the way home for some lunch and to buy a couple of bags of stones so that I can finish off the patch near the tap in the front garden.
Not much else to write about, did see the Ringtons man a pond took this photo this evening.







2 comments:

  1. I think the sketch on the bus is pretty good. A lot of detail in there and considering it was on a bus I think you did well! I couldn’t draw like that even if I was stationary!
    I’m sure the combination of new hearing aids and glasses isn’t helping the irritation. Your ears are probably wondering what the hell is going on 😂
    I hope you weren’t lugging the bags of stone into the car? No doubt you’ll be out there spreading them ASAP.
    It’s ok seeing the Ringtons man, he’s probably very nice, but it always involves expense. They do some really nice stuff, but it is rather expensive. You should get a discount being a vicarage…….more tea vicar? 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the glasses, or shoulders I say face, will settle down, as I like them and my prescription had changed a bit.
    The Ringtons stuff is good but is a bit pricey.
    You can see the sketch is in a bus, so that’s a bonus!

    ReplyDelete