Friday 11 October 2024

Unusual puzzle

I went to see Bel as usual this morning, but she wasn’t feeling too good and even a.lowed my to make there and carry it through. I only stayed an hour S she had thought of cancelling my visit but she wanted to return a jigsaw puzzle I had lent her. It was a Christmas one I was sent last year but hadn’t actually done it. It said on the box it was an  Advent calendar but I had  presumed it had numbers on it. When Bel opened the box it was full of little boxes, so she didn’t want to attempt it.
I had to try one, the pieces did all have Nobel one on them so you could even put it all back in the boxes afterwards!
I have put it back in its box now, and may even do it a day at a time in December.
I left early to walk to Jeans after lunch and stopped to do a sketch in the memorial gardens.
The sea was lively and there was a mad lone surfer!
Will finish with a photo from three years ago.




















2 comments:

  1. I like the advent puzzle. That’s really good. You should definitely do it this year. Bel can’t be feeling too good if she’s letting you make the tea and carry it ☹️
    Another good sketch which I recognised straight away. You’ll soon have that book full.
    It looks different again at the front. Almost summery….ish. The surfer is still totally mad though. Don’t they know you can have hobbies that involve staying in the warm and being dry!?
    Hope you sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little book is quite chunky, I haven’t really made an impression on it yet!
    I love the sea at all times, but when it is lively and foamy it is at its best.
    I do feel quite concerned about Bel, she is still great for someone in their nineties, but she is quite unstable with the walking now.

    ReplyDelete