Friday 9 December 2022

Icy and even a touch of snow!

A very cold start to the day, I feed the birds when it is still dark but we had a little snow and the grass was very crunchy! The bird baths are frozen solid.
I did go and see Bel, I dug out my boots as they have good tread. The gravel path was snowy and icy and still is this evening.
I ordered one of the mixed veg and fruit boxes again this week, lovely selection as usual.
After lunch I did walk down to the sea front. I wasn’t visiting Jean but wanted to drop off her card. I walked through the memorial garden on the way.
The sea looked beautiful today, the sun was shining and I love it when there is an off shore wind.


I bought a birthday card when I was out and wrote it when I got in then went back down to the post box. Only one collection on a Saturday and that is at 7am!
I had two deliveries of bird food, both bulk buys of 12.5k, so got them down to the greenhouse and into manageable containers!
No plans to do anything particular tonight and no Traitors to watch!










2 comments:

  1. Definitely a cold start to the day. Good job you have some good boots. You really do need some good tread in this weather. Certainly don’t want any slip ups! I think it’s going to be colder tonight.
    The fruit and veg look so good again. I do not know how they manage to keep the standard so high. You’d think occasionally there’d be something manky in there 😄
    Nice pics of the sea. The combination of the sun and the waves makes a great pic. It even looks inviting, to mad surfers that is!
    Not sure if Royal Mail are on strike tomorrow. You may have no Saturday collections this week!
    25kg of bird food is a LOT of bird food. Sounds like the wildlife will be having a merry Christmas 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good being out even with the cold, it was bright and not too bad in the sun.
      The fruit and veg have been consistently high quality, we have some ordered for Christmas,
      Fingers crossed there is a collection tomorrow!

      Delete