Sunday 5 June 2022

Sewing for a change

Darren took me to the boot sale as usual, it was really very cold. Not a lot of stalls today and we didn’t buy a lot, in fact Darren didn’t buy anything apart from breakfast and I got a great book for two pound. Would have taken the author an awful lot of time to write the whole thing in that lovely calligraphy!


A couple of days ago Darren got me some books from a charity stall in the town, obviously thinks I haven’t enough craft stuff to be getting on with! I bet the novel will be naughty and funny!
Tina got me this adorable little ornament at another charity stall, I won’t start collecting elephants now though!
After the boot sale we had hot chocolate by the sea, but we drank it in the car because it was even colder there!


I have spent a lot of the rest of the day laying out and sewing squares together, have made just over half of the material now, I added four more rows after I took this shot.
Finally, Lee and Rebecca managed to catch some of the. Pagean and Lee sent this photo.

















7 comments:

  1. Car booting isn’t so good on cold days, but you got a nice book, so it was worth it. The book is beautiful. As you say it must have taken ages to do that all by hand! The text and the drawings are so neat. Definitely well spotted and bought. A lot of people really wouldn’t appreciate it.
    That’s a fair selection of books Darren got you. I used to do macramรฉ many years ago. It’s quite therapeutic doing all those knots. You’ll have to make the boat slippers in the other book, you can wear them with your dungarees ๐Ÿ˜„ The elephants from the Rev are really cute too. You have been spoiled with pressies.
    It’s been wet here all day, but probably not as cold as up north. The sea does look a little rougher than usual today. Bet they were surfing in Scarborough bay!
    That looks a lot of material you’ve made already. I can’t believe you need so much for one pair of dungarees! You and your ideas ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Glad Lee and Rebecca got to see some of the pageant. Bet it was heaving despite the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had some rain which is good, but such a cold day.
    Plenty to keep me busy, just need the energy to get on with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Lee and Rebecca got to see the jubilee , that macrame book looks fab I have been saying to Liv I want to make a wall hanging and some plant holders I seem to remember it was relaxing but knowing me I would get stressed out getting knotted up ๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ll try to remember to bring it down with me when I come t look after Cookie.๐Ÿ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh splendid xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh splendid xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

    ReplyDelete