Wednesday 22 June 2022

Chores and Beverley

Haven’t been feeling my brightest today, partly heat and partly broken sleep I think. Spent the morning on household chores and then got a lift into 
Beverley after lunch as Tina was going to a meeting.
I had a pot of tea and very nice scone at the garden cafe at the rear of the antique centre. It really is very nice there. They have a lot of Frida Kahlo pictures and cushions which are new. 


I went to the loo there and was perplexed as I could see a handle to flush anywhere. Looked up and there was an old fashioned cistern very high, but all the pipes were not visible!
I got a small 6 inch square sketch book in the works and a couple of pencils and did get some bits in The Body Shop and Paperchase. Did some paying in for Tina and then went and sat in the memorial garden near the bus station for a while. Did a very quick sketch, maybe twenty minutes, before going to catch the bus home.


Haven’t cooked this evening, just didn’t feel like it so have had some snacky bits. Went out to water the bonsai trees and a few plants that are waiting to be put into beds, but no other gardening. Checked the hedgehog box, so residents bit refreshed the water in case they visit.
Have been reading the Michael Knaggs book, getting a bit more into it now. I will message home when I have finished it, maybe be will sign the second one for me as well!







2 comments:

  1. This weather is getting a lot of people down I think, and if your sleep hasn’t been too good either then I’m not surprised you’re not feeling too bright.
    I do like the look of the cafe. Looks a lovely little hide away. The cushions look nice, but I have a feeling they’re not cheap!
    I think the old high cisterns with chains are great. That’s what I had when I was a kid and it worked a lot better than some of the new tangled ones. Why do the have to change things just for the sake of it? ☹️
    Your sketch is very nice and only twenty minutes is very good. I’m always envious of your talent when I see your drawings.
    Hope the hedgehogs do come back, or send some of their mates 😊
    Sounds like Mr Knaggs may have a new convert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite into the book now, bit complex but getting the general idea!
    I like the old chain cisterns too, the modern push one seem to go wrong quite regularly.
    The Frida Kahlo paintings are a bit odd but very colourful.

    ReplyDelete