Thursday 23 June 2022

Out and about and afternoon tea

This morning we set off for Driffield to have late breakfast and hopefully get Tina’s car charged. A charger at Lidl became available just after we arrived so we did a bit of shopping in store and then went off for breakfast. Very nice little cafe we have been to before and then we went into a shop that I had been in before nd thought it was lovely. Tina hadn’t been in. When we were having breakfast I was say that I might think about getting a duvet set for the material to make another pair of dungarees. It would be a shame not to use the rather expensive pattern again, but obviously not in patchwork! In the shop I bought a duvet set and a new ironing board cover.
We weren’t having afternoon tea until 2.30pm and it was only midday so Tina suggested we go and see Thwing as it was en route. It turned out to be an absolutely lovely village, with a post box in a garden, kid friendly sign and a delightful church. The last photo is the view as we left the church.










We still had time so Tina picked out another new place to visit before tea, the first is a view of the countryside and then photos of Burton Fleming.  A church and a pond there. The window above the altar wasn’t stained glass, it was stickers.
Clearly not the landscape view, we had a soft drink at a pub on the way and these were in a field next door.






Then to the garden centre and our afternoon tea!


Very nice too. We did bring a small amount back for Darren! We did shopping at the garden centre, new tubs, cheap ones in case the bad drivers decide to hit them again! Lots of plants too, and I still had some I bought the other day. I decided to get on with them when we got home, quite a task!

I moved the barrel pots off the saucers so that the new ones could go on them and be well watered. The old ones are still there, Darren will take them through to the walled garden for me as I have plants to rescue! Talking of the walled garden, we think a cat jumped up onto a dodgy table, it fell over with plants on top onto the water feature which is well and truly broken now!
Will finish with a great bit of news from this morning, I checked the hedgehog house and they were both in there this morning. This evening I checked and they had gone off wandering so I refreshed the water and food. Hopefully they will use it as their regular shelter now,
Forgot the second tub picture!






























4 comments:

  1. What a lovely day you had. Definitely a day for visiting places, some nice ones at that. Great day for pics, and you have some great pics 😊 The little village is lovely. Even has a lovely name. I’d love to live somewhere like that. Looks like England should look. Sadly it doesn’t in most places now.
    I thought you might have a break from dungarees for a while before you made another pair. You are keen! Should be a lot easier without having to make the material first. I like the fishy material.
    The afternoon tea does look good! The scones on top look enormous! Don’t think Darren would have seen any if I’d been there 😊
    You should really have big heavy concrete tubs in the garden. It’d do more damage to the cars than the pots! A spike strip would help too 😊
    I really do hope the hedgehogs make your shelter their new home. Nice that you can refresh the food and water in the evening when they’re out foraging. They’d be daft not to come back 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a really good day and great to see two different villages, and amazingly both the churches were open for viewing.
    The scones were big, nice cream too.
    Hopefully the drivers will be ultra careful in future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thwing is a lovely village used to be on my bus route to school when I lived in Froddingham and Foston - cream tea looks
    Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely village and lovely afternoon tea. πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete