Tuesday 14 June 2022

Back to it!

This morning I went in search of the laundry liquid we use, eventually got some in the forth shop I tried! Also got more washing up liquid but can get the bottle refilled over the road at The Leafy Green Sea Dragon, our local refill shop. Had a coffee then before going in the back garden. As it was hot in the sun I decided to clear near the summer house and bird food cupboard and along the back where the bushes and ivy soon started spreading back towards the beds.


I sat at that table when ai had a break, not a bad view looking back at the house.
I didn’t time myself but worked pretty hard for quite a while. I thought that if the hand is going to hurt and keep me awake in the night I may as well give it a good reason to hurt!


I did take a sketch pad out for a while, also did another sketch last night. Full of good intentions, doubt it will last!


I got dinner for just after Darren got home as he goes off to archery on Tuesdays.
Relaxing now with Pandora on my lap, so any industry is on hold…..







2 comments:

  1. The Leafy Green Sea Dragon is a great name for a shop 😊 Cost a fortune to have sign written though! Good to get your shopping duties out the way early.
    Not sure the attitude of “if it’s going to hurt then I’ll give it a reason to hurt” is particularly a good one. Doesn’t sound like you’re taking it easy to me 😊 The beds do look a bit tidier after the work you put into them. Looking back at the house from right down there does show how big that garden is! You can’t even see from that pic how far it stretches to the right! It’s lovely to have, but not so lovely to keep in order. You should resign and get a gardener 😊 Your sketch from that spot is very good, as are the otters. You should do a series of the animal ones to hang along a wall. The otters and the hare would make a great start.
    Even Pandora knows you should be relaxing. That’s why she pins you down 😊 Think you’ve done enough for one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a big garden, it was my bright idea to create flower beds, really must get my ‘good ideas’ under control!
    So far so good with the sketching, but don’t go holding your breath….

    ReplyDelete