Thursday 27 January 2022

Checking out the food hall

After Ringtons had been today and a package Tina was waiting for had been delivered we went into Hull as Tina wanted to go to the food hall as I had told her about it when I had looked in last week. We had lunch there which was good,m pictures of us waiting to be served!


After a tasty lunch we had a good wander round and bought a few bits. Lots of Italian food, different pastas etc and baking and sweets aplenty, and of course masses of alcohol and various bars. Really quite upmarket so it will be interesting to see how it is received. 
When we were heading back to the Prospect Centre where the car was parked  it was closed and there was a fire engine nearby! So we found a new cafe to have a cup of coffee in as we couldn’t have a hot drink with out meal.
Took this not overly inspiring photo on top of the car park when we could get in, it shows the top of the St Stephens Centre which is quite unusual.
We stopped at Lidl on the way back. My knee was painful today so I sat in the car while it was charging and Tina went into the store. I was sitting there minding my own business when suddenly the heater triggered into action! I tried texting Tina but got no reply, oh well, the car couldn’t blow up as it doesn’t have petrol! Tina was amused when she got back as she had set the heating remotely in case I was cold!!
Haven’t done a great deal since, resting the leg as it was actually making me limp a bit today. The sky had pretty clouds so will finish with them.


Seeing Bel in the morning, but no other real plans so if the leg is still sore will find something to do indoors.







U


2 comments:

  1. I’m glad you both manage to get out. Going to the food hall was a good idea. These places definitely need to be tried. Sounds like it was a success with you both. It looks very pleasant in there and as you say a bit upmarket. Trust you two to get involved in some sort of incident. Can’t see any flames in your pics, so it couldn’t have been too bad.
    I think the heater coming on in the car was funny. I think it would have made me jump! Remote control heater for cars, whatever next? Still I suppose it means you can get into a nice warm car on winter mornings.
    The evening skies were nice. I presume the coverings and scaffold on the church are for the window repairs? How long a job is it?
    Maybe you should have a few easy days and rest the leg. Something to do indoors sounds a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the work will be ongoing at the church for a while yet, the masonry is in pretty bad shape I think.
    It was a nice trip out, and I will go back to the food hall as they had some interesting things to try if I feel experimental!

    ReplyDelete