Sunday 14 November 2021

My ‘get up and go’ got up and went!

I have been ridiculously tired today and a bit achy as well, feeling my age or maybe even feeling the age of the nuns! I did finish off the cake marzipanning  this morning, that didn’t make my wrists and hands any happier, but a good job done. Have piled the larger ones in the dining room for now but then had to work out how to present the four little loaf tin ones
Tina had been given some craft stuff a couple of weeks ago and I remembered there was a pack of white card board so cut a couple up to make cake bases, just with scissors and by eye as I couldn’t be bothered to go upstairs and use the cutting no board!
This afternoon I spent a good while in the back garden, cleared leaves for the bed and tidied them up a bit, then put in the last of the bedding plants. Didn’t take photos but did take one of Darren when he came out to ‘hoover up’ some leaves off the lawn.
We couldn’t find the blower as there are mountains of leaves behind and in the flower beds. But as you can see there are still millions of leaves to come down yet!
We watched the very exciting Grand Prix and were delighted to see Lewis win against all the odds.
Have watched the Strictly results as well, and it won’t be too long before I think about heading for bed!







4 comments:

  1. That’s a lot of cakes again! They always go down well with the recipients though, including me. Maybe you should just stick to doing the little loaf tin ones. Wouldn’t be quite so much work for you.
    Collecting the leaves with a machine almost looks like fun. Certainly a lot better than having to rake them up. Darren almost looks like he’s enjoying it 😊 I’d love a garden with lots of trees myself, but leaf removal is a major job! There’s always a down side to nice things.
    Strictly was good. It’s going to get very hard now to decide on who has to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was god to get the cakes on the way, could always skip the icing and buy decorations to plonk on the tops!
    Would have liked to have got more clearing done in the back garden but at least the bedding plants are in. I think Darren did quite enjoy using the leaf collector.
    This time tomorrow should be home from the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don’t need to buy decorations for the cakes! People like them because they taste good, not because the look good. I’d be happy with a bare cake and a pack of marzipan 😁

    ReplyDelete