Monday 29 November 2021

Break out the sewing machine!

It was still pretty cold this morning and the pavements did have some ice on them, I noticed when I was taking stuff up there the garden bin. The sun was out so I thought I would take a walk to the postbox a bit later in the day. I have some Christmas soft toys and put a couple on a chair over the weekend. Pandora decided to share the chair with them and it made a cute picture!
As it was sunny today I took another picture of the glas butterflies in the window.
I did take a careful walk along to the post box, the pavements weren’t clear but not too bad. The mahonia in the front garden is opening well, I will soon be able to enjoy the lovely perfume!
Some weeks ago I got the material ready to stitch a squash image, actually got around to doing the jilting on it today as I had the green thread in the machine.
I stitches the holly leaves on the second place mat and will show a photo of them without the berries as the photo was taken in daylight and more accurate. The second one is with the berries. I am pleased with them, but how many more I will do is another matter.


I have been to see Sarah and David this evening and just relaxing now.










2 comments:

  1. You mentioned the C word! Christmas that is. That’s not allowed until next month! Grouch, me?!! Pandora looks like she getting into the spirit though. Either that or she’s cheesed off they’re encroaching on her territory!
    The butterflies do look better with a bit of sun behind them. The weird cat on the net curtains helps too 😊
    Glad you were careful while out walking. You definitely don’t want any accidental slips as you’d probably save yourself with your newly operated hand. That really wouldn’t be good.
    You’ve done a fair bit of quilting. I like the squash. Not any easy thing to do. What’s it going to end up as? The place mat material looks completely different in daylight. I really like them. The berries finish them off nicely. You’re quite a clever old stick really 😊
    Relaxing sounds a great idea. Bet you’ve got a cat helping you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to get some sewing done and the thread didn't break at all, the machine is definitely ideal for free motion quilting.
    Pandora ran off this evening so I was able to do some pedalling.

    ReplyDelete