Sunday 16 August 2020

This and that!

This morning Darren drove us to the boot sale early, a grey day and not quite so busy there today. I got a cute little display table and some very unusual dark blue Wedgewood. I had never seen any dark blue before and it is very pretty and unusual. Cheap too.
We left earlier today, not so many stalls, so Darren drove down by the sea and had a cup of hot chocolate.


When we got home Pandora was very chatty when I let her in and kept going outside. A little way from the door there was a dead mouse, I damaged so not likely to be Blue as she eats most of them and leaves the remains! I removed the mouse and a bit later they were both sniffing round where it had been!
I went into the garden and spent less that an hour, we had noticed the bed with the tree stump was getting over crowded. There were a lot of foxgloves which I removed and planted them in another part of the garden,


I decided what to display on the little table, I have had this grand pig for quite a while, he looks happy on there!
This afternoon I made a card, cut out some free hand apertures so that was tricky, but made for a different card.
Had a bath after dinner and going to listen to an audio book this evening.














2 comments:

  1. You always manage to find a bargain when you’re out car booting. That’s a nice little table and perfect for the ornament I see you’ve put on it in a picture later on. I do like the Wedgewood. Don’t think I’ve ever seen it in the dark blue before, but it’s very nice.
    The seafront looks a bit deserted. Have the hordes of holidaymakers died down a bit now?
    Seems like Pandora has started her hunting career. Had to happen in the end I suppose. Hopefully you won’t be over run with little gifts left by the backdoor for you.
    Really like the card, it has great colours.
    Good luck with the audiobook. I can’t usually can’t make it past the first chapter before I nod off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the little table and it is perfect for the chunky pig.
    To a loves the Wedgewood so that will stay downstairs.
    I think the seafront was quiet because it was quite cold and early. There is no sign the number of visitors has reduced if the number passing by the house each day is anything to go by.
    Hopefully not too many ‘little presents’ will arrive, fingers crossed on that one.
    Enjoyed making the card, not one I would do too often though.

    ReplyDelete