Saturday 8 August 2020

Never ending story, sorry, nightmare!

This morning I had a cup of tea out on the patio after I had fed the birds, so got a slightly better picture of baby gull with one of it’s parents.
It was pretty hot again but thought I would go and start some weeding, the bed at the top wasn’t nearly as bad as everywhere else but it was in the shade and not quite so depressing! This never ending story is indeed becoming a never ending nightmare!
I am not sure how many times I have gone round the garden but must be at least four this year......
Only worked for an hour or so and it was getting warm and my knees were rebelling again so cleared away.
The saucer of food had been eaten again in the hedgehog house. Tina had ordered a camera which arrived today and Darren set it up for us so hopefully we will see who the midnight feaster is!
The geraniums it the planter I painted are looking very colourful.
Some months ago I bought some beautiful and quite expensive paper books, really more for scrap booking than cards but made some cards I am pleased with today. Two for friends and the other to enter in the horticultural show at the church.


Only watered the bonsai trees tonight and put more food in the hedgehog house, remembering to turn on the camera!
Couple of programs I want to watch this evening. Hopefully off early to the boot sale in the morning,











2 comments:

  1. Your title sounds more like life in general!
    I don’t think I could cope with a garden like yours, or any garden come to that. Specially this time of year when the weeds seem to grow ten times as fast. Very depressing. But it does look so much better after you’ve weeded, so you can get some satisfaction from it, for a very short time at least!
    Hope you have some luck with the camera to catch the food eating culprits. Your camera is exactly the same as the one I have. I found it very good.
    The cards are really nice. Fingers crossed they win you a prize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not just the gardening, there are particularly nasty bugs this year and I have had so many really nasty, itchy bites, that is enough to put me off going out there!
      The food went again so we will check the camera later.
      I enjoyed doing the cards and actually using some of those really nice papers.
      Dull out today so maybe not so busy at the boot sale.

      Delete