Thursday 27 August 2020

Calligraphy practice

This morning I baked a few buns, saw the Ringtons man and then took my calligraphy stuff downstairs and had a practice for a bit. I used to be very proficient, but used to practice a lot!
Tina and I watched a recorded Bargain Hunt and then we went off to a garden centre near Driffield for lunch. We really like it there, had a lovely lunch which was also very reasonable. I also bought some bits to put away for Christmas and a new long pole wire brush thing, for the gaps in the pavers. Also, dare I say it, some bulbs! Yes, bulbs, but only ten in total and a little reduced pig planter!
Almost forgot the heuchera, we have several already but this one is quite different.
We called at another garden centre and had coffee and cake and then headed home. Should have mentioned that Tina bought some garden furniture at the first one, hopefully arriving on Saturday.
Back home we had a cuppa and moved the garden camera as we didn’t get any videos at all last night. Then I carried on practicing calligraphy and listened to some more of the audio book.


This evening I went to see Sarah and David and we watched an entertaining rock and roll dvd.
Back to the audio book now, it is really good.









2 comments:

  1. Judging by the pics later down the blog you’re still very proficient with the calligraphy. It’s extremely neat and almost looks like it’s been printed out!
    Glad you and the Rev got out for a while today. I know how you both like your little shopping and luncheon trips on a Thursday, and no doubt you had a good laugh somewhere along the line, you usually do 😊
    I’m not going to comment on the bulbs, other than to suggest you have a love hate relationship with them!
    I look forward to seeing the new garden furniture. Let’s hope with have some good weather so you can all get some use out of it.
    Out again this evening. A busy schedule for you today. Day of rest tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have a pleasant trip out, we do have a laugh and usually end up buying more than we intended,
    Just really liked the different daffodils, Tina did remind me that I didn’t want more bulbs and I said it was only ten!
    Done a bit more practice this evening.

    ReplyDelete