Monday 17 August 2020

Back into Hull

I got a lift into the town again this morning, this time with Sarah and David and we had a coffee it the Tesco cafe before going out separate ways. I had a few errands and was mostly successful, but I couldn’t collect my train tickets, have arranged to meet Anya for a couple of hours in Doncaster next week. That will be lovely as it is a long time since we have seen each other, normally we would have caught up some time near my birthday, the machines at the station were both out of operation, one wouldn’t read my card and the other one wouldn’t let me enter the whole reference number! I did try both of them twice and was then running out of time for catching the bus home. I haven’t done a lot more today, I did go to the shop but it had turned hot again and walking around in town had tired me! 
I went out to water the tomatoes after lunch, everything else is fine as we have had some rain. The tomatoes are beginning to turn and the sunflowers look ‘sunny’!


Pandora got onto the back of the chair again this morning and seemed to work out a position that certainly looked more comfortable!
Tina cooked for us all this evening, which was really nice and I have put food out for the foxes, yes, foxes as there were two on camera last night. I am working on getting the proof!
This evening I have made a card with the two centres of the apertures yesterday and some flowers I had in a  box left over from other card making.nwaste not want not!
I need to clear up some crafting chaos before watching the final part of Line of Duty later.






2 comments:

  1. You don’t go into Hull for ages and then you go twice in quick succession. Certainly a good idea to get your tickets in advance of your journey, I certainly wouldn’t want to chance getting them on the day. I’m sure you’ll get them eventually. It’ll be nice for you and Anya to catch up, even if it is only for a couple of hours. I bet you’re both looking forward to it.
    Sunflowers are really great, although they can be a pain to keep standing. But worth the effort I think. Yours certainly do look sunny. Looks like you’ll be having homegrown tomatoes on your plate before too long.
    I think Pandora sits on that chair because she doesn’t like to see you have it on your own. Cats are weird.
    That’s another nice card. Good job you know lots of people, so at least you get to use them.
    I’m really looking forward to seeing the video of the two foxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do use some of the cards a notecards so they do get used.
    Hull seemed busier today, perhaps tourists had headed in as the weather wasn’t so good.
    We are looking forward to meeting in Doncaster, bit of lunch and a bit of shopping maybe, to just more drink stops to natter!
    The sunflowers look lovely, especially when the sun is shining.
    Will try and get a copy of the foxes tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete