Saturday 29 August 2020

Productive crafty day!

I went off to the shops really early after I had fed the cats and birds! Good to get out and about before the holiday makers, although it was a miserable morning, grey, windy and pretty cold, so not really early morning walk weather, even for tourists!
After breakfast ai got on with the soft toy butterfly or as Tina has renamed it as a batterfly! It was fiddly and isn’t a great soft toy, but I will enter it into the horticultural show.
Late morning the garden furniture that Tina had bought on Thursday arrived. We decided not to put the canopy on the swing seat as it was very windy. The chairs and table are light so we tucked the table round the corner by the big storage cupboard so that it didn’t blow over and the glass top get smashed. The chairs have got nice cushions but we have bought them indoors as it is wet today.


Steve, one of the parishioners made a model of the side of the church for the children’s corner. Tina bought it home yesterday for me to sign write the little notice board. It is about 2 1/4 x 2 1/2 inches. Good practice for later in the day as it turned out!
After lunch the light box I had ordered arrived, though definitely not a light box as I remember them! It is great and I tried it with the shorter phrase to see how I got on with it. A great piece of kit with a metal, adjustable stand as well.
This evening I have copied out a fairly long poem in a pretty small size. May pay for it with an extra painful hand tonight. Really pleased though and managed to write it out without going wrong!
I have been listening to audio books today so it has been really pleasant. 












2 comments:

  1. Was definitely a day for going out early. Not been overly wonderful this way.
    I have to say the batterfly is really weird! Not sure if it’s the colours or what, but it’d probably frighten a child to death in the middle of the night 😊
    The garden furniture all looks very nice. I just hope you get some decent days up that way so you can get some benefit from them.
    I love the little church model. He’s made a grand job of that, and the sign writing just finishes it off. Very fiddly though.
    The light box is more technologically advanced than the ones I remember, but it certainly does the trick. The framed poem looks very good, and very straight too! You certainly have plenty of patience. That would have taken me hours, and wouldn’t have looked anything like that 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a good day for getting things done, crafty things at that. Yes, batterfly is weird, certainly won’t be another entry like it!
      The furniture is great, can’t wait to sit out on the swing seat, fingers crossed we get some sunny days before winter sets in,
      Really pleased with the light box, and enjoyed doing the calligraphy. I am sure I can find lots of saying to write!

      Delete