Monday 10 August 2020

Hull and watering and not a lot else!

Had a lift into Hull with Sarah and was there soon after 9.30 am.My main reason for going was to do some present shopping in Debenhams and use my card. Would have carried that plan forward if I hadn’t left the card at home! I did get some presents in other shops and had a cuppa in the little coffee shop near Debenhams. I caught the bus home, it was very hot and I had been struggling walking around again. Kept dozing off on the bus and was glad to be home. It was lunch time by then so watched the recorded Bargain Hunt with Tina as usual. I went to the shop for milk and a few other bits, still ridiculously hot so stayed in after that. I did wander into the walled garden and took pictures of the sunflowers and tomatoes.


I visited Saran and David for an hour, came back early today as we needed to water. Tina had a meeting and havpd finished earlier that expected so she had watered the back garden so I just had the front to do which was a real bonus. Took a photo of the gladioli in the front and the grasses which Tina and I both really like.


Line of Duty soon, hoping ai will feel more energetic tomorrow and be cooler!




2 comments:

  1. Fancy forgetting your card. Still it’s pretty much what I’d do I suppose! At least you still got a bit of shopping done, so all wasn’t lost. It has been a very hot day again today, so I can imagine how you suffered on the bus for an hour, not very nice at all.
    The sunflowers are looking really nice as usual. Glad you decided not to spend time in the garden today, definitely not the weather for it!
    At least you’ve got the whole garden watered again, so hopefully all is well for at least another 24 hours. Then you can start thinking about it all over again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn’t too bad in town but it was too hot to be enjoyable. Didn’t help that I was feeling pretty tired as well.
      Good to get the gardens watered, and all that water will make the weeds even bigger!

      Delete