Tuesday 18 August 2020

Quiet day, lovely evening sea

Today I haven’t done a great deal, I did go to the shop this morning and did some household chores and some ironing. My new puzzle book arrived so did a couple of competitions. I am determined to do them and actually get them sent off as I often didn’t!
This afternoon I spent an hour in the parish hall with Tina, we were measuring room sizes and then working out how many people could be accommodated allowing for social distancing. Since then Tina has done some very impressive plans!
I started to paint a small box after that, it will need a second coat and then I will decide how to decorate it.
I went out into the garden to put food out for the foxes earlier and did a bit of deadheading of flowers. The cosmos is looking pretty and the sea holly is still striking even though the heads have now died!
Tina has to pop round to the church and took a brilliant picture, mentioning that she thought it had been a nice sunset.
How cool is that, she said the cloud looked pink when she took it. That led us to have a drive down to the sea front. A very pretty sky tonight so a few pics.




When we got back we moved the camera so it will be interesting to see what is on it tomorrow.














2 comments:

  1. It’s good to have a day every now and then where you don’t do a great deal. But you’re not doing a great deal and everyone else’s not doing a great deal or two different things! I haven’t done a great deal either today but my not doing a great deal will be a lot less than yours 😊
    I quite like the brass corners on that box, but I’m not too sure about the colour. Each to their own I suppose. No doubt it will look very different when you’ve finished it.
    That is a very unusual picture that Tina took. It looks like its on fire! Glad it spurred a trip to the sea though as you have some nice pictures.
    Any particular reason Tina is putting her head in the fishes mouth, or is she just checking out the rubbish?
    I look forward to an update on the foxes tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did that just to get a silly photo! I sure a lot of others have done it too!
    I am a little hampered with the walking at the moment so the sea is just a bit too far just now, so always lovely to get a chance to see the sea.
    Bright green isn’t to everyone’s taste, will have to see how it turns out!
    That is a great photo Tina took, so unusual. The sea was so pretty tonight too.

    ReplyDelete