Tuesday 7 April 2020

A pretty productive day

This morning I went to the post box early passing the church on the way. Took a couple of pictures on the way back.
I went out and took a picture of the bed that has a fairy garden in there somewhere! There were a lot of foxgloves so I decided to dig them up and put them next to the turf path a made a few days ago. This bed will be cleared another day.
I thin spent the rest of the morning putting masking tape round all the little windows in the summer house, my knees really were not happy by the time I was done!
After lunch Tina and I started painting the summer house, she was working on the back and I got the windows! It was warm and chilly at the same time because of the wind. We didn’t get that far! But onward and upward!


This evening Tina came out with me to water the front garden, she bought the hose round and we used the cans to do the bits that it didn’t reach. After tea Darren went out with the wheelbarrow and removed all the rubble that was on the patio into the skip next door, so all systems go!
Tina said if I wanted something to do I could polish her candlesticks that she is using in the dining room. So this evening I have done that. One picture of them to start with and one with one candle done!


My Grape Tree order arrived today, so I now have lots of yummy, healthy stuff, crystallised ginger, prunes, figs, walnuts, cranberries and toasted coconut!
Hopefully another productive day tomorrow.













2 comments:

  1. Quite like the pics you take of the church through the plants. They always look nice.
    Poor fairies, they must think they’re living in a forest not a garden! 😊 They’ll be glad of a little sunlight.
    The summerhouse is looking good, or will do. I quite like the colour and for a first coat it’s not bad. Another coat should do it I think. That was a lot of masking! Think the Rev got the easy non fiddly bit at the back. Sounds like all three of you have been on gardening duties today. Team work is the way to go.
    The candle stick looks a lot better with a bit of a clean. I think cleaning brass can be quite a nice task on something smooth like that, but not so much fun on a textured piece, like an eagle 😊
    At least you could relax tonight. Feet up, cuppa and lots of healthy snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plenty to get on with tomorrow as the weather is supposed to be good again. There is only so much standing to paint I can do though, the mind is willing but the body isn’t so keen anymore!
    Some good jobs done today and the candlesticks will shine when Tina streams her services tomorrow.
    Hard to resist eating too many snacks!

    ReplyDelete