Tuesday 24 July 2018

Nana time

Today Anya has been working from home again and Isobel and I have had a day together. We went up to Freeport on the bus this morning, I had a drink and Isobel had an excellent cream at the cafe when we arrived. Then we walked up to the craft outlet. Amy and Anita were on today but were happy for Isobel to sit and use the craft kit we bought at the table where I have my craft classes. She was painting some sun catchers, I didn’t take photos of the ones she finished but she had a great time, got some black paint on her t shirt which was quite new, in fact I had bought it back from America, but I am sure it will wash out, got her a clean one at the Regatta store!
Anita also got us started on making friendship bracelets, Isobel got on fine, mine was rubbish! We had some lunch, got some sweets to put on cup cakes and a t shirt before catching the bus home. Isobel did some more crafting, she got a pencil box to decorate and I put the Disney channel on for her. I got on with dinner and got everything ready for Isobel to make cup cakes as she had asked if she could when she got up. They turned out well and tasted delicious too,
A farewell play with the cats and a wander round the garden after dinner before they set off for Peterborough
I got the gardens watered and haven’t done much else. Have a hospital appointment tomorrow.




2 comments:

  1. It’s great you’ve got to spend a good bit of time with Isobel. That’s what nanas are for :-) She looks like she’s enjoying the painting, even though the black paint decided to leap on her new t-shirt. It’ll wash. The cup cakes look delicious. Bet uncle Darren had to try a couple. For test purposes of course :-)
    Hope the hospital visit proves fruitful tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good day, very hot so we didn’t pick the best day for baking, but they were delicious.
    The ladies were lovely at the craft outlet, and lots of stuff to choose from to get crafty!

    ReplyDelete