Sunday 8 July 2018

Boot sale and market today!

Darren and I went to the boot sale and market today with him going to an archery session in the middle. I haven’t been on our little jaunts for over a month now so I was particularly looking forward to seeing the ‘nutty man’ as I call him. The guy that sells all sorts of fabulous snacks, nuts, dried fruits etc. But we went to Leverston boot sale first as it is nearer the archery field. We had our usual sausage sandwich and cuppa although we didn’t see the usual lady as she is a big formula one fan and would have been at Silverstone. I got some bits and spent the princely sum of £1.50 on them in total.
The travel journal is unused and has pockets for keeping mementos in so will be very useful. I did go for a bit of a walk while Darren was at the archery field, some nice views from there, it is nearer to Scarborough than Hornsea, so a bit more hilly.




There were some nice thistles in the verges.




We watched the Grand Prix this afternoon which was quite exciting and I got dinner and have watered the garden, but have had a lazy time apart from that.




2 comments:

  1. It’ll take you a long while to water your garden with that watering can....pot! I quite like the cover on the journal.
    The bee on the thistle is a nice shot. Much better to be out takin* pics than sitting in the car waiting on a day like today. All worth the effort though for the sausage bap and a visit to the nutty man. Hope you e devoured a few this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making the most of the fact that we haven’t got a hosepipe van yet, probably be back to endless cans soon.
    I have a good stock of tasty snacks now, have sampled a few today but do space it out pretty well usually.

    ReplyDelete