Thursday 15 February 2018

Quiet day

This morning I felt a bit better than I did last night, hopefully I am not getting the full blown version of the bug that Tina has had. I spent a bit of time trying to mask off the mirror, this is really not going to be fun to paint!
A really lovely day so I thought I would take a short walk, well wrapped up, and call in at the chemist on the way back to get some advice on the best medicine to take for a mucus cough. I really struggle with catarrh and when it is bad I end up choking after eating. That would be a good thing if it stopped me eating, but sadly it doesn't!
Some bright sky, some rain clouds in the distance when I went down to the front.




The pharmacist was helpful and I got medicine and tablets on the way home.
Tina is still not very well but was getting ready to go off on a training weekend with three other ladies. We did manage to watch some curling together and the British team won a very tight match.
This afternoon I got a coat of paint onto the mirror and a coat of paint onto the back of the mosaic, I will do second coats tomorrow.
I decided not to continue with the swan jigsaw, opened another one that has very odd shaped pieces and even weirder edges, so a bit of out to the frying pan and into the fire.
Going to watch Death in Paradise later.

2 comments:

  1. What a thankless task it is to paint anything segmented like that mirror. I’ve tried masking, not masking and then scraping when dry, and just being very careful. Come to th3 decision that I’m never going to buy a house with Georgian windows in it!
    The beach pics all look so different. It’s amazing the difference it makes shooting from one angle to another.
    Hope the medicine and tablets are doing the trick. What with painting and hard jigsaws yo need something strong. Whisky maybe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sea, or look of it changes as the weather does, never really tire of seeing it. Different to the bays at Scarborough but still has it's own charm.
    I have no doubt I will have plenty of scraping to do but my theory is people won't look at it too closely if it is on the wall in the garden!!
    Don't feel too bad this evening, so fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete