Thursday 21 September 2017

Sunrise - not!

This morning I was up before 6 am and walked up to the cliff top to hopefully see the sunrise. Couldn't see if it was cloudy or not when I left as it was dark. I made up a little flask of coffee to have a drink while I was there. Still pretty dark when I dried a bench and got settled.

Too much cloud to actually see the sun, but I enjoyed sitting up there as it became light.


The geese were active which was a bonus, will post three, the first two aren't great, I liked the first one because they were over the water, but the third was my best attempt.


I wandered down the cliff path a bit, spoke to the new vicar at Tina's church who had no idea who I was, but I dropped a hint about Tina so that he could place me. I have only met him properly once before. Anyway, down the cliff a bit I saw this tiny snail and it made a good picture with the path surface.
It was properly light by the time I headed for home.
Sometimes I iron Tina's work shirts and have been wanting a sleeve board for a while as I do not like ironing a line down the middle of the sleeve. The new board arrived this week in time for me to iron some shirts today.
Apart from going out at a silly time this morning I have been in today, going through cupboards and sorting stuff out for a stall at the boot sale before they finish for the season. I collect so much stuff it is unbelievable!
The sunset has been great tonight but will just post one early one, should be some great shots for tomorrow.
That's just a taster, it got better!

2 comments:

  1. That’s a great thing to do. I bet it was really nice sitting there in the dark, although a bit chilly I bet. Not too many people about at that time in the morning either. Shame you didn’t get to see a proper sunrise, but I bet you’ll be back there again....and again, until you get a decent one :-) What you did get was good though. A nice sky even if you can’t see the sun. You really need to time it so you can pop to the Waterfront cafe for breakfast afterwards. The geese pics aren’t too bad considering it wasn’t properly light when you took them. The camera will have been at a slower shutter speed, so trying to capture birds flying definitely isn’t easy!
    Tina is very lucky to have you there to iron shirts for her, specially now you have the proper equipment to do them :-)
    Lovely colour sky this evening, so I can imaging how nice tomorrow’s pics will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely will be going up there again, must be lucky one morning, and you are right, rather nice and not many folk around. I love to hear and see the geese so that was an unexpected bonus as well.
      It was a great sky tonight.

      Delete