Saturday 2 September 2017

Get fit? Maybe this time!!

The possibility of getting a bit fitter comes at the end of the post, but don't get too excited, this has been the intention before.....
Lovely sunset last night, they keep om coming.





I caught a fairly early bus to town again and made my way to the hotel pool. Had half an hour with the pool to myself, which was great. Getting quite into the breast stroke with crawl legs now, and ca even manage about eight stroke of actual crawl! The skt was cloudy but there was sun shining of one spot on the sea and it was very eye catching.

Then I made my way to the studio again and spent getting on for a couple of hours painting the lady. Doesn't look like I have done a lot but put a layer of lighter blue over the dress before painting the hair and some of the leaves.
Darren came and collected me today, Tina was out for lunch so Darren and I went to Sainsbury's. Last night I had ordered a Twist and Shape machine from Argos, which is based at Sainsbury's now. I have been thinking about getting one for a while as it looks fun and is low impact, or so they say. I had an offer from a credit card to get 20% cash back if I bought it at Argos, so that clinched the deal. Darren carried the rather large and fairly heavy box up here for me, and with a bit of concentration and not too much frustration I assembled it in about an hour.
That in itself was a bit of a workout, but I have used it for about 15 minutes and I think I will get used to it and it won't find the fitness equipment graveyard like most of the stuff I have tried before! Watch this space for updates!
Charlie was curled up in the box a while ago, I left it in case the cats wanted to explore.
Casualty later, one of the weekly misery fixes.

2 comments:

  1. Those sunsets are great again. You'd think by now I wouldn't be surprised by them, but I always am! I really like the sun on the sea in just that spot. Very unusual.
    A change of mind about the dress colour for the lady? It's looking good though. Several more hours and you'll be done!
    The exerciser looks a funky bit of equipment, and I'm sure you'll make good use of it. And getting fit with a 20% discount is even better :-)
    Sounds like Darren had a good work out too carrying the box upstairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunsets do keep looking good, I can't believe them myself sometimes.
    Not a change of colour, I had planned to paint it all in the darker blue and then put a thinner layer of the lighter one on the top in the hope it would give it some highlights and texture. Only time will tell if it works!
    I will hopefully get a slimmer waist at least with the twisting.

    ReplyDelete