Saturday 9 September 2017

I have a few more photos and a bit more to write about the trip, so will start with the shopping! I got this lovely little vase in the Celtic shop on the island. I am not in need of vases as I have made and painted some in the past, but this was not overly expensive and is so dainty, about 6 inches tall (sorry, not really gone metric yet!)
In Seahouses I found this great cross stitch book in a little crafty shop, it has a modern twist and thought there were some good gift ideas to keep me busy on winter evenings! Just showing one of the spreads inside.


We did purchase other stuff, got three lovely jars of conserve in the National Trust museum, and a few unusual little gifts and greetings cards, Tina bought some lovely religious artwork, it was enjoyable having so many little shops to explore.
Back now to a few more shots from the trip. We spotted this little bird down on the shore when we took a walk along the high walkway beyond the priory.
The next pictures were taken on or from that walkway.

The Ship Inn was where we had the rather tasty gourmet meal.
Tina as we made our way across to the remote refuge island.

And some amazing clouds on the way back.
Today I am going to the auction, there are a few items Tina likes and she is away so I am doing the bidding, so that should be fun!
One of my little bonsais is particularly pleasing this year.

This morning I had a surprise trip out to the south bay with Darren to see the Honda Gold Wings touring bikes. We had to park a little way off, but it was worth it.


There were loads on two wheelers, then we went by the air ambulance van, the bikes were there to raise money for the air ambulance.
Then we got to the huge three wheelers!

Liked the ones with sidecars, my dad used to have a motorbike with sidecar when I was little, but it was nothing like these! This white 'spider' bike was great, as was the notice they had on the handlebars.


There was another great spider version with a halloween themed trailer.

Made a donation and got to sit on it and have my picture taken with the owner!

This last picture shows the great trailer like a little car behind this bike.
Darren dropped me off at the auction house where I managed to get a bookcase for Tina's ever expanding library and a couple of other bits, she will arrange collection when she is home.
Strictly launches tonight, but I will watch it tomorrow as Darren and I will go down and see the bikes when they ride in a convoy along the bays. Hopefully will get some pictures which can go on tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Some more great pictures from your trip away. The more I see of it, the more I really want to go there. You've got some great keepsakes from the trip too. I love the pink clouds over the church, very nice. The way over to the remote island looks quite a journey! So much in such a short time. A week would seem like an eternity :-)
    Great motorbikes, specially the spider bike! Just your cup of tea, and you had to get your pic taken with it. If you had your own Madgemobile you could have it done up like that.
    Strictly was good. Enjoy it on catchup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprised looking back how much we packed into the trip. Not somewhere you could get to without transport though so I was lucky to go with Tina. You can see now how one and a half hours on the coach trip didn't touch the surface.
    We saw the bikes tonight, and the lady I had the photo with was about the third one through. Looking forward to Strictly, then it starts for real in a couple of weeks, yippee!

    ReplyDelete