Tuesday 19 September 2017

Rabbit and mole

This morning I did a bit more knitting as I was up fairly early. Then, as it was a nice day and my joints weren't feeling too bad I walked up to the studio to see Sandy. I have walked home a few times but haven't attempted the incline to get there for a while. I filled a few pots, not too many needed attention today so I got on with painting the rabbit. I probably spent over another three hours but she is now ready to be glazed and fired this week.

She was a bit fiddly but I enjoyed painting her. They had another model in this series, a mole, he is already painted but not with a shiny finish. Great texture, I would have enjoyed painting him if he had still been bisque. But as I have painted a few of the 'special' pieces Sandy said I could have him and bring him home. He is cute!

I have been sorely tempted by a 'cello' cupboard in a shop near the studio. They were closed so I couldn't do anything drastic today. But what a great, unusual piece of furniture and I love cello music! Okay, that is completely irrelevant, but I like great wooden furniture too.....
I walked home as well today, took my time. and the ankle held up fairly well. I am not getting too pleased about it because I have thought it was on the mend more times than I can remember now, but will keep on while I can.
I finished the hat this afternoon, like the wool and the clever way it ends up in stripes.
I am out tonight so won't be around for the sunset but the clouds were lovely earlier Mike.
I think the play is called Taking Steps that I am going to see this evening, Sandy is picking me up later.

2 comments:

  1. Mrs rabbit looks great, and will look even better when fired. The mole is great too. I think the unglazed finish on it suits it perfectly. They are going to look good together. You just need to find a space for them somewhere :-) I do like the cello, and you know my thoughts on that one already. Great hat too. Just the right time of year for knitting hats. You'll be needing it very soon. It looks very complicated with those stripes, but I've seen the pic of the ball of wool :-) Very clever how that works so well. All in all a very crafty day for you today.
    Not going to comment on the joint issues as I don't want to jinx anything!
    Hope the show was good, and you had a great evening.
    Very nice clouds, but I'm getting sunset withdrawal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think that non shiny finish is perfect for that particular piece. The rabbit will be ready by the end of the week so it will be good to see her,the colours are so different once they are fired.
    The show was great, an Alan Ayckbourn farce, very clever.

    ReplyDelete