Wednesday 13 September 2017

Lavender bells!

I had a parcel to send off, so adapted a box to put the contents in and then caught the bus into town to get it sent off. Had a look in a couple of shops but was home again quite quickly today.
The sunflowers at the top of the road are pretty spectacular, and surviving the wind quite well too.

 A parcel arrived with some massive autumn crocus bulbs that I will have to plant up in a pot I think, must remember to get some compost. I also ordered a small, battery operated, water feature. It is cute, adn the little bird lights up and chirps occasionally, but no a lot and not irritating. The main problem is that Blue was more that a little interested in it, so it may not be turned on that often!
I dried some lavender and have more drying in Darren's shed. I bought some Christmas materials a few weeks back and thought it would be nice to make Christmas tree decorations that were also lavender bags. As I had some little bells I didn't use last year I thought bells would be the theme. I made a simple pattern and marked out two of the fabrics I bought.
I spent quite a lot of the afternoon and will post pictures of the decorations before and after stuffing.

Today has been mostly bright with a few heavy showers. The sky earlier looked like more showers may be on the way, but it is mainly blue sky again now.


2 comments:

  1. The sunflowers are amazing. I'm surprised they're still standing with the winds you get around there. Never seem to see them around this way anymore.
    Nice little water feature. I can see why the cat likes it so much. I bet he tries to drink from it like he does the tap :-)
    Are the decorations all for your tree. I know you try to keep its decorations to just those you've made. You'll need a bigger tree soon! But I don't suppose there's any reason why you can't just bung a couple in a drawer too.
    Very dramatic skies to finish with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep a couple but I am sure they will be appreciated at the next church sale, they are a bit different I think.
    There is another house at the bottom of the road that has huge sunflowers, I am amazed at how well they do here too.

    ReplyDelete