Friday 8 September 2017

A few more pictures from our trip I think to start. The very pretty remembrance garden where I did the sketch.
One of the church from the priory and a different shot of the priory.

A different view of the church taken when we went to the beach and across to the small island.
A great picture of sea and sky taken on the boat trip.
Then there had to be a shot of the keen photographers.
The pictures will not be in sequence because I used both of the cameras, so am jumping to the journey home now and views of The Angel of the North.


Amazing, the second one has Tina nearby if you look hard, and I rested on a foot! The added white artwork was the rain.....
Back to the other camera! One of my seal pics missing those other camera happy folk.
This was the boat we actually went out on.
We stopped to look at Bamburgh Castle on the way back to the island.
Then a brief stop at Berwick to look at the viaduct and bridge.



We stopped after we crossed the causeway to take the sunset over the pilgrims walk, that follows the posts and you see people following the route.
I have a few more pictures for tomorrow but really wanted to add a couple more as they will  become a special memory. We went into a small gallery to look at John Tierney's beautiful paintings. He was there in the shop and I bought a couple of small mounted prints, signed by him. 

When we came out Tina said 'you should have asked him for a photograph' so we went back in!
A delightful man who chatted with us for a while, some of his work on the wall behind us.
I should finish off with today. I have made a couple more Christmas cakes and spent a lot of the day helping Tina pack and organise all the shopping for her charity weekend away catering for about thirty people, Her car was packed to the rafters, she will have a busy weekend.

I have a bit left to write about for tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. My oh my, I find it hard to believe you fitted all that in in the short time you were away! Had to be one of your best trips for a while. A great variety of pictures to look at, and they're all very good. I'll just have to say that I like them all as there are so many. The sunset is quite spectacular, but they are your specialty after all, so I've come to expect that :-) The angel of the north is huge. I hadn't spotted Tina in the picture until you pointed her out.
    Love the little paintings you bought. They'll look great framed up. Are they standard size frames? I thing they deserve some really nice ones. It's great they are signed too, and having the picture of the artist finishes off the set really. A great memento of your trip.
    Looks like Tina is going to be having fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly feels like it was more that a two nights away trip. Apart from the great scenery and boat trip, we got on well, had a lot of laughs and it was relaxing. The paintings of Holy Island by John Tierney were lovely, just my cup of tea, I had trouble deciding on two but thought they made a good pair. I haven't checked, but they look like they are a standard size, I will certainly take them with me when I want to get them on the wall so that the frames are right. The angel is huge, quite a feat of engineering!

    ReplyDelete