Thursday 14 September 2017

Selfie and sandals!

The sky was pretty good again last night, so here we go.....




I went to town on the bus, had shopping I wanted to do, new trousers, comfy backless sandals, paint brushes and anything else that caught my eye! Pretty successful trip, the sandals, from Cushion Flex, seemed really good when I tried them in the shop, but I knew I would have to wear them for a bit to really see if they were suitable. I got some trousers, and the paint brushes and even made my eye test appointment, they had sent me several reminders. I caught the bus home to be here in time for a delivery as Tina wasn't sure she would be home in time.
I was trying the sandals indoors and they seemed too good to be true, wide enough to accommodate the ankle support and no seems to irritate the bunions. When Tina got in she said the sea was looking good with the on shore wind so I made my way up to the cliff top, giving the sandals a test outside. The sea did indeed look good, not too wild but quite foamy.


Took what I thought was a pretty good selfie!
When the sun shone on the water you could see the change in the colour.
I had worn the sandals and they were great, so I decided that I would go into town again to get a couple more pairs while they were available. Waiting at the bus stop to go into town again I saw this butterfly, had to take these over a wall while making sure I didn't miss the bus, they came out well considering that and the gale force wind!

I went into the shoe shop again and saw the same lady, who I think must be the manager as she sold me the second pair for half price because I have bought a lot lately!
From there I walked to the studio and collected the elegant lady ornament, she is quite striking, although my painting is far from perfect, but the pre moulded ones are hard to paint!


So, quite a busy day today. The sky was odd earlier, then looked like cloud mountains and then dramatic before it turned grey and the rain set in.


That's it for today, going to try and get to the pool in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Well I have to say I like every single sky shot you have on here this evening! Some cracking ones there, and amazing they were all shot within 24 hours! In fact all the pics are good. The sea looks really nice, and the butterflies were a good capture if it was windy. Pretty good self too :-) The lady turned out really nicely. The painting of her looks pretty good to me.
    The shoes look nice, and more to the point if they're comfy that's all that matters. You'll crack this walking about malarkey yet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Mike, if I don't get the walking sorted it won't be for want of trying! I thought it was a nice variety of pictures today, I think tomorrow may not offer as many opportunities, if tonight is anything to go by it will be cold out there!!

    ReplyDelete