Monday 11 September 2017

Just a bit crafty

I will start with a few of the little birds I fed in the remembrance garden on Holy Island, we bought bird seed especially!



This morning I caught the bus into town, had quite a list of things to get but was only out about an hour and a half. The heavens opened as I got off the bus this end so got home like a drowned rat! Luckily I managed not to get the block of origami Christmas paper wet. It will be good for backing paper for cards, but it had some instructions on the pad so I spent a couple of, rather frustrating hours, not being very successful with the less than clear instructions. So, more paper for the re-cycling than finished pieces!
I had decided to stay in and rest the joints so got the wood burner out and carried on with a picture of the church that I had outlined a while ago. A shot before and after a bit of varnish.

Rain on the windows and a nice sky, so some slightly different shots.


It is still good, well better really, so maybe a couple more tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Bet those birds don't go hungry in that garden :-)
    A crafting afternoon is always good, specially after you've been soaked to the skin in the morning! The origami that did work looks good. But like you say, the paper will make good backing for cards........Christmas....humbug!
    The church pyrography looks really good. I like the fancy outline you've done with the 'posh' iron too.
    I think the first shot of the sky through the wet window looks stunning. You should be very proud of that one. It'd make a great enlargement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May get a print done of that shot, it is quite dramatic.
    Need to think of a new pyrography subject, I have plenty of the boards.
    May have to get humbugging with those cards soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about.....the archetypal poppy field from a distance, but with just some red on the poppy heads? Well you sort of asked :-)

    ReplyDelete