Wednesday 6 September 2017

I will keep this short today as I cannot upload any photos, I take too many and I don't have enough space! I will get it sorted for tomorrow hopefully.
Today we had breakfast and did shopping on the island this morning, some lovely shops, and I bought a couple of small framed prints from the artist. He obviously lives on the island and has many great paintings, he was also very interesting to talk to.
Then we drove to Seahouses, had tea and cake and then went down to wait for our boat trip to set off. It was fabulous, the boat was a catamaran and the sea was quite choppy, but what a great hour and a half. There are several Farne Islands and we were given an interesting commentary. We saw some different sea birds and some seals, but if we hadn't seen anything out of the ordinary it would have still been brilliant.
We had fish and chips for tea, well, I did, Tina had deep fried haggis!  We drove to Berwick on the way home as we couldn't get back onto the island until later.
When we were back here we took a walk down to the harbour and checked out the National Trust hide, so we have seen most of the island one way or another.
Hope tomorrow but we are going to go and see The Angel of the North on the way back.




2 comments:

  1. Wow, what great day that sounds! Shame there are no pics, that must be a first for you :-) Plenty to look at tomorrow. It all sounded great, but the catamaran trip sounded brilliant. All in all a lot better than going to Scotland on a boring old coach trip :-)
    I bet Tina's deep fried haggis was good, I really fancy that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We couldn't agree more, it being cancelled did us a favour! Home tomorrow so should be able to get photos on.

    ReplyDelete