Tuesday 3 January 2023

Not scrumptious weather!

What a difference a day makes as the saying goes. Wet, grey and chilly today! It was Christmas tree dismantling day today so I got the wheelbarrow ready to collect mine, but left it at the house until I had removed all the decorations from the tree and fetched them home. That went quite well and I asked Steve if he would carry the tree into the porch for me so that I could just transfer it to the wheelbarrow. I SHOULD have said carry it by holding the pot! He picked it up bu the pole, and the rest, as they say, is history! Oops. The tree is fine and I didn’t need the wheelbarrow to carry it home!
Quite a mess to clear up!
After lunch, despite the weather, I decided to take a walk up to Freeport. Called in to see Sher at Botany Botanics on the way. She told me about some craft taster sessions later in the month and said she would book me on any I wanted to attend. Then I carried on to Freeport thinking I would probably bus back. Had a drink and called in at the pottery painting place to see when they were doing the next firing. Had just missed a but so thought I would walk back the road way. Had just started when the girl from pottery place phoned me to say that the families pots were ready for collection! That was quite funny as I had just been talking to her. Their efforts are all good.


I was quite weary when I got home as I did a lot of walking yesterday as well.
When I visited Jean last week her husband Terry showed me a glass dip pen he had bought. Very reasonable price and looked lovely, I didn’t know they existed, but now I have one, it arrived this afternoon. I have only had a little play, but it is great?


Since dinner I have spent about an hour putting crystals on the gecko, don’t expect to see it completed any time soon!
I did phone the dentist this morning but they cannot fit me in for an appointment before my check up on 3rd February, so over a month to try and stop it getting any worse!









2 comments:

  1. Same here, yesterday was lovely and today was yuk! Forecast for here tomorrow is a nice day, but we will see.
    Oops! I bet that did take a bit of clearing up, it goes everywhere. Bet Steve was very apologetic. Lucky the tree made it in one bit though and luckier you had removed the decorations. How did your tree fair against the others?
    Craft taster sessions sound perfect for you. You might find another craft you’ve not tried yet and get into it. You always enjoy the sessions, so I would think there’ll be a few in line.
    The pottery is great. They’re all very good, but I have to say the mushroom is really cute 😊
    You have done a lot of walking and you’ll be totally knackered in a few weeks if you keep it up like you said you’d like too!
    The pen looks nice, as does your writing with it. When you say it’s a glass dip pen, does that include the nib or is it just the handle with a normal nib?
    That a nuisance not being able to get into the dentist. You’ll have to liquidise your meals 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my tree got quite a few comments as it was very different.
      The pen has a glass nib, thought I should have taken the cover off after I had taken the picture!
      Their pottery was good, I think the elf will be fired this week so I will have another one to collect.
      The local artists have got funding and the sessions will take place under the ‘warm spaces’ umbrella.

      Delete