Friday 27 January 2023

Garden and sea

This morning I did some work in the garden, because of the weather the leaves never really got cleared from the garden this winter, not too many on the lawn but the beds still had loads. The ones on the lawn are still damp and the grass is tufts and getting long, so that would be a challenge as well. But first of all I started on the beds. Not that straight forward as I was dislodging some of the small bulls, I hadn’t realised how many bulbs were pushing through.
I did want to get some of the leaves on the grass as well, so sorted out the leaf collector. I hadn’t used it before but it is pretty good. Would be easier if the lawn and leaves were drier!
I did stick with it for quite a while but packed away to have some lunch as I was visiting Jean this afternoon.
There are some snowdrops almost open in the front garden.
I went to Jeans via the sea front.


The usual tea and chat with Jean and her husband gave me a lift home. After dinner I walked down to the post box. Sitting quietly this evening in danger of nodding off, with a cat on my lap of course!












2 comments:

  1. You didn’t do bad in the garden all things considered. It looks a lot better than it did. That’s a lot of leaves to clear, and being damp doesn’t help much. Nice to have a machine to do the lawn. Isn’t technology wonderful? 😊
    I saw the sea today in Blackpool. It was actually sunny too so it looked really nice. You can’t beat it 😊
    Sounds like you deserve a quiet evening with your feet up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a lot of sunshine here today, it dry and not too cold. I hope to do more leaf removal tomorrow!
    Enjoy Blackpool Mike.

    ReplyDelete