Tuesday 2 March 2021

Revisiting The Knife Angel (not literally)

Two years ago The Knife Angel came to Hull. I was so impressed by it so another glimpse can’t be a bad thing, for me anyway!


This morning I left home just after eight to go and get a package sent off. I had sent the same one last Monday and it arrived back yesterday with an incomplete address! It was the new address my friend had given me but I texted her and had the extra detail to resend it! The post office shop used to do long hours and had the till for the post office open outside usual hours. But now they don’t open until nine because of the restrictions so ai was there way too early. Went up to the sea front, had a drink and a wander around until opening time. Some sea pictures and some of painted pebbles, which are all the rage in Hornsea. It was a grey cold morning and I went early purposely to avoid the crowds!




I did go in the garden for a while this morning, I had bought some plants when ai was out and wanted to get the edges done and some more planting.
The next job will be the other side of the tree in front of the summer house.
This afternoon and part of the evening I have been working on the commission card!
Isabel was one of the founder members of the Hornsea Bowling Club!
Two celebratory days on the calendar today, Dr Seuss Day and National Banana Cream Pie Day.
Tina has to go to a meeting in Bridlington tomorrow, if the weather is miserable I will go along for the ride. If it is nice I will give it a miss as the seaside is a magnet for the ‘what pandemic folk’!














2 comments:

  1. The angel was an amazing piece of sculpture. That’s a LOT of knives!
    It’s good to get out early, specially when you live by the sea. Nice and quiet so not too many people in the pics or to breath their germs all over you! It’s not so bad get the wrong time for the shop when you know you can get a nice hot chocolate to while the time away. You got your chores done in the end and have tome nice pics too. The pebbles are really nice. Do people just paint them and then leave them around? I’m surprised they don’t get purloined, but then I suppose some do. Are any your work? And if not, why not? 😊
    The flower bed looks a lot better after a nice edge trim and some new plants. You’re steaming ahead with it.
    The card turned out well. They’ll be pleased with that.
    Sounds odd to say, but I hope it’s miserable tomorrow so you can get out for a ride and avoid the infectious oiks!
    Banana cream pie day.....perfect 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lot of knives and a truly amazing sculpture, all amnesty knives as well.
    It wasn’t a problem being out too early for the shop, it was a bit cool today, but very quiet.
    No, I haven’t painted any pebbles, a lot say ‘don’t litter’ and are then left around the place, comedy in that somewhere. A lot do go walk about but as you can see, plenty are left for people to look at,
    I am glad to have the card made, put pressure on myself when I am making something for somebody else.
    Yes, definitely a rain dance needed tonight!

    ReplyDelete