Friday 16 October 2020

Breaking news and a day in the garden

After the usual morning routine I went into the back garden with the aim of clearing a space and getting some bulbs planted. The path down by the wall where I put the fox food can get quite slippery, it is not a real path but old vinyl flooring and carpet, so can be a bit dangerous when it is wet and at the moment covered in leaves. So I started with clearing leaves off the flower beds and the path, gathered them in piles and then got them into the leaf sacks. That is a challenge in itself!


Went indoors for a break then, had a cuppa with Tina who is feeling much better today. The post arrived while we were chatting and to my amazement I got a letter from the hospital giving me a pre assessment day in three weeks, Bonfire Day to be precise.I won’t get too fixed on the outcome, we could be in lockdown again before then!
Went back outside and started clearing the beds near the path and digging out some ground elder. It is really everywhere, back and front, and almost impossible to clear. I was hoeing when I managed not to injure a frog! He was under a plant, firstly I could just see his body, then a little later he had move so I could see his face. A big handsome fellow!


I carried on with digging, removed a lot of ground elder roots, but also dug up huge numbers of bulbs in the process!
Quite a lot of ladybirds on one plant and one tiny creature that wasn’t a ladybird. Not the best 
I finished digging a biggish area, levelled it off and then dug trenches to put bulbs in, managed to plant all of today’s bulbs and a few we had already dug up. So a good days work!
Got to be careful with the eating now, don’t want my BMI or blood pressure to be the cause of no surgery!















3 comments:

  1. Looks like you’ve achieved a fair bit today, and hopefully you won’t suffer from it tonight! You must dream of bulbs 😊 Nice looking frog. They must really like this damp weather. Would really put you off gardening for life if you managed to hoe one!
    Great news about the pre assessment. Fingers firmly crossed that it goes ahead and this latest round of the pandemic doesn’t scupper it again 🤞🏻Be a bit of a devil if you cut down on all the nice treats for nothing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have quite enjoyed getting stuck into the gardening, sometimes wish it was a bit easier, although the ground was soft so digging today wasn’t too bad.
    I would be hysterical if I damaged a frog, so let’s hope I keep spotting them in time!
    I couldn’t believe how many more bulbs I managed to dig up, hopefully they will stay in the ground and not be dug up by the cats using the nice newly dug soil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much thanks for sharing such a valuable article. Will spared and return to your site News 24 hours

    ReplyDelete