Thursday 8 October 2020

An impressive nativity set

Tina went to see a nativity set at the URC yesterday and is going to borrow it. They have had it stacked away in the cellar for some time and don’t put it out at Christmas. Tina is having a stable made that will go outside with a protective Perspex to protect it, so that it will be seen even if restrictions mean it won’t be able to be viewed in the church. Margaret dropped it off to us yesterday in a huge polystyrene box and it was dusty and covered in bits from the box! So this morning I got them all out and put them on the kitchen table to give them a dust and wash.
Excitement for me today when my very large u shaped pillow arrived. I had ordered a cover for it and that was like a workout actually getting it onto the pillow! Gave it a try and I am hopeful that it will help, called Tina to take a picture! It looks really strange under the covers and will be fun settling myself into it, but definitely worth a try!
I got the nativity set up in the dining room and then we could take measurements for the stable. I think it is a pretty good set myself and would cost a fortune to get one like it.
I did go to the sh this afternoon, and then did a couple of puzzles in my book. It had stopped raining but it had rained for most of the night and morning so the ground would be too wet for bulb planting. 
Yesterday i cut some of the small pampas grasses as I left it to late last year and they were ruined.
When I went out to feed the foxes I took a picture of the large pampas which has one shoot just starting to open.
Tina bought a large clip top plastic container when she was out this afternoon so I have wrapped the figures and stored them on that for now.
I have used the leg exerciser a bit the last couple of days, will try to do it regularly but won’t make any promises!










2 comments:

  1. Well it’s not everyone who has a mega sized nativity on their kitchen table! It does look a really nice set, as you say it’d be quite expensive to go out and buy. Think baby Jesus is going to be a bit cold though without any covers 😊 It’ll look nice outside the church in the stable. Hope the local oiks don’t take a liking to it! Should make for some really nice pics when it’s all set up.
    Love the new pillow. You shouldn’t fall out of bed while laying in the middle of that. It’ll probably feel odd at first, but hopefully it’ll help with the legs and let you get some better nights.
    The pampas looks nice. Will it dry out and keep?
    You’re certainly trying to keep the legs active with the walking and the exerciser. Not one for letting the grass grow under your feet......just the weeds 😊 Sorry, couldn’t resist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pampas isn’t in water, the stem will dry and it will last all winter.i will try to get a couple of the large ones before they get destroyed by the elements.
    I think the nativity will look great in the right sort of surroundings,
    Will do an update on the cushion tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete