Monday 8 October 2018

Summer house preparation

The weather has been pretty kind for Mike’s first day here. We had a walk to the sea front and round the town this morning and had a coffee before coming back to the house.
There were men repairing the groins in preparation for the winter months no doubt.
The men arrived just after midday to put the pavers down for the arrival of the sunmmer house on Wednesday. Nice guys but the supports look a bit Heath Robinson to say the least!
We caught the bus up to Freeport this afternoon and had a coffee and enjoyed a chat with Aimee at the craft outlet. Then we walked home and called in at Woods on the way. I ordered my new pane of glass for the greenhouse some time ago and they were supposed to let me know when it had arrived. Anyway, they had it and delivered it for me, no charge but it did cost £66! Mike has fitted it for me now so I now have a draft free greenhouse! Mike wanted to see in the church, he had taken photos outside, so Tina took us in.  I took photos too as I never tire of it.
Uu
o

That was windows, then organ and roofing.
Tina and I cleaned the eagle lectern at St Mary’s and we are itching to get stuck into the beautiful eagle at St Nicholas’s.
One final one of a flower display.

We walked down to the front again and had fish and chips for dinner, so quite a full day. We will be watching Strangers in a bit.





















2 comments:

  1. Strangely enough I’ve done all the things you have today 😀
    It’s been a good day though and I’ve enjoyed it. I knew I would. Really looking forward to tomorrow too as the itinerary you have planned will be fun.
    Coffee and mallows now while watching Strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think the weather is supposed to be okay tomorrow, hopefully not too windy so that we can enjoy a walk on the bridge.

    ReplyDelete