Thursday 18 October 2018

Bit of variety

When I was in Peterborough I bought a lovely jug/vase at a charity shop. Today I picked a few of the peacock lilies and put them in it.
I walked up to Doreen's house as she had said I could take a root of the lovely yellow flower that she has a whole bush of in her garden. I carried them home in a bag and have put them in a bucket of water for now. The flowers are much bigger and spectacular at the height of the season.
I went out into the summer house to write some cards, lovely to be in there with the doors open in the sunshine.
I caught the bus up to Freeport this afternoon, had a chat with Mags and asked her advice about decorating my new embossing folder cards. When I got home I harvested the gourds near the greenhouse. There were a lot!

Washed them all in warm soapy water and dried them before wrapping them in paper to hopefully dry out, although I think some are already going mouldy due to having been on the wet ground for a while.
I was being silly with two large ones and Tina grabbed the camera!
We had a take away to tea and then Tina and I went to look at the sea, Hornsea first.
And then to Mappleton.


My new bins should be delivered tomorrow which I am pleased about.

6 comments:

  1. Lots of pics and quite a full day from the sounds of it. The vase does look good. I remember liking it when I saw it. Had to be had, and looks even better now you have flowers in it.
    The view from the summer house does look nice, specially with a bit of sunshine too. I definitely think you’re going to get a fair bit of use from it. Summer and winter I’m sure.
    That a lot of gourds! Hopefully you’ll get the drying process spot on this year and you’ll be inundated with them. They do make good decorations. I won’t make an innuendo about two big ones....... damn I did :-)
    Some nice sky shots to finish with. Well worth the evening outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might get around to some actual gardening tomorrow, although may harvest the rest of the gourds!
      It has been a fairly good day and it was good to go out for an evening look at the sea.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see your happy face and buxom gourds - yes the vase was a great find glad it travelled safely back - looks like you have had decent weather to sit in the summer house

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to use it, needs to be seen! We have had a couple of lovely days and I have been sitting out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have been able to enjoy it hope it will be warm so you can use it when dry even if a bit cold in the autumness

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind wrapping up and taking a flask, even a blanket if necessary! x

    ReplyDelete