Thursday 8 March 2018

Here we go again!

They forecast snow, and we had a really heavy fall for a while this morning.



I was booked in on a craft course at the craft outlet at Hornsea Freeport so I caught the bus up there as it was still snowing quite hard. I was there early but knew I could get a drink before the outlet opened, the later bus would have made me late. Walking through the Freeport was pretty and not too slippery.


The course was very enjoyable, four of us there, learning to make backgrounds for cards and other projects. We also got a goody bag which was about the value of the £5.99 we paid to go on the course. Then if we wanted to buy any supplies today we got an extra 10% off. I have booked to go on another one next week. When we finished I had about fifty minutes until the next bus. Could have had lunch but as the snow was clearing thought I would walk home instead. Downhill on the way back. although it isn't steep either way! Polly's Path took some care as it was a bit on the muddy side.
But after that short stretch it was fine and not too cold. I haven't done a great deal this afternoon, have slowly been getting stuff together for the journey to Peterborough over the weekend.
I am pleased with the card I made and the other two pieces of card, I am looking forward to experimenting at home.
And this was the goody bag.
Pretty good value and a very pleasant instructor.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a winter wonderland up there. The first pics remind me of the snow globe you went in to have your picture taken :-)
    Glad you enjoyed the craft course. The card looks great and the goody bag you got makes the course really good value, almost free really.
    Hopefully you’ll have an uneventful journey down south tomorrow. I look forward to seeing you. With any luck on time...ish as the trains will be running to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was surprising how quickly it settled. But it disappeared almost as quickly. Hoping that is the last of the snow for now.
      Very enjoyable course and very good value. The materials and tea and biscuits were included!
      Fingers crossed I will be on time and we can have a good catch up.

      Delete