Wednesday 28 March 2018

Back to Scarborough for the tiles

Another longish day as I wanted to go to the studio in Scarborough to collect my tiles. Soon after I moved in I planted some bulbs and a couple of the very pretty tulips are about to fully open.
I got the bus into Hull and had a bit of time when I got there. I have booked another trip to see my brother and his wife so was able to collect the tickets. Took some photos of the station, one of the old part and also one of a bus nearby.



Walking down the main street in Scarborough this building sure had a lot of scaffolding around it.
I got to the studio and was really pleased with the tiles for the fireplace and with the ones using the technique I learnt at the craft class.


After I left the studio I called in a few shops and had a coffee then made my was back to the station.
 I took quite a lot of pictures from the train. It is a pleasant journey.


Nice skies today after some very dull weather. A few more.


On the bus we went through all sorts of weather, sleet, rain and brilliant sunshine. The windows were really filthy so it made for some unusual snaps!


And a few more, I was on a roll!


One more photo taken in the garden when I got home!
Think that will do for tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Hull station looks deserted. Im amazed you managed to get all those pics with no one in them.
    The tiles look fantastic! They match up to that material really well. You’ll have to get your bit of wood so you can get them up. The other two tiles came out really well too. Bet they were interested in how you did them.
    You’ve got some great pics through the train window. The water and muck work brilliantly with some of them. You’d never be able to replicate those again if you tried! Some of them look like watercolour and oil paintings. I’m quite envious of some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I really liked the photos through the mucky windows, if only it had been more judgement than luck!
    Really pleased with the tiles I will try to get a piece of wood cut soon.
    I had a bit of time so I walked right along the platform, away from where the people were waiting.

    ReplyDelete