Tuesday 31 October 2017

Hedgehog planters

I walked up to the studio this morning, wore the Sketchers as I am still trying to get the joints used to them! Sandy was pleased I was willing to clean and fill the pots as they were very much in need of it as half term was busy last week. Then I got the two hedgehog planters out that I had bought at the pottery camp. They are bigger than I had remembered.
I had put a bit of base coat on the face of one of them, and then I covered them both with the skin tone as a base coat. They are finished, such as they are, I have mixed the colours so it is always going to be a surprise.
Sandy was happy to get in the picture!
I walked back via the cliff top, it was very cold and very grey, and the wind was catching the waves which I always think is lovely.

Sandy has been sorting through old sample pieces and I have back two of the plates I did when I was experimenting with Sharpie pens.
I have parcels to wrap as I have managed to sell some items on Ebay. Four people have paid up already so I can get parcels dispatched tomorrow.
I watched George Gently on catch up this afternoon, didn't know I would need the tissues, and he is DEAD!
The sky was watery but pretty earlier.

I am due to give blood tomorrow afternoon so hopefully my iron level will be acceptable.

2 comments:

  1. Really like the hedgehog planters. They look really cute! They do look quite large too, so should hold some nice plants. I look forward to seeing them finished. I remember those plates from when you did them. For use or show, or just to fill your kitchen cupboards :-)
    The foamy sea and the nice skies make me want to take some pics myself. Not taken any for quite a while, so I should really make an effort to get out and take some.
    Poor old George! It was a good episode though and a good, albeit final, way to end a good series. Will the sidekick survive into his own series though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now have three squirrels and the planters to go in the kiln. Not sure if they will all get in this weeks firing.
    I use plates I have painted all the time, I really like them.

    ReplyDelete