Wednesday 11 October 2017

Cake made and decorated.......

Yesterday evening I went along to a WI meeting with Sandy, she was doing a mobile pottery session there. A small village and about a dozen at the meeting, very lovely group of ladies and a great little hall they meet in.
I helped set up and then painted on some faces and names for the ladies that weren't so confident, and tidied up a couple of pieces when asked. A fun selection of decorations and they enjoyed the evening.
We dropped everything off at the studio before Sandy brought me home.
This morning Tina took me into town so that I could go to the hotel pool. I had a really lovely session and it did ease the pain in my knee a little which was good.
I caught the bus home and set about making the madeira cake for the top part of the wedding cake for the 'Celebration of Marriage and Renewal of Vows' service at the weekend. I tried to level it off a bit too quickly when it was cool (as I thought) and the edge cracked a bit, but I managed to get the marzipan and icing on without further mishap. Having got that far I decided to crack on and get it decorated. I am pleased with the end result, as is Tina, which is the important thumbs up!
I have found a box the right size as I would not be best pleased if one of the cats decided it would make a good toy or meal!
This evening we met Darren and had tea at Sainsbury's and now I am going to watch Holby from last night.

2 comments:

  1. That hall looks very nice, I really like the ceiling. Did you get WI cakes and tea while you were there? Some nice decorations they made, so they’ll be chuffed once theyr3 fired.
    The cake has turned out brilliantly! Bet you’re really chuffed with it, as I know Tina will be. Seems such a shame to cut it up now :-) Just noticed the turntable it’s on. Is that the one I made with marbles in it? That was a fair while ago! A box is a very good idea, as I’m sure the cats would love to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great ceiling, and yes, there decorations will be great when they are fired.
    I am pleased with the cake, and glad it is done in good time so I am not stressing about it at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete